New Nvidia Customer

x82nd

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
I recently upgraded my 1950pro to the popular 8800gt oc. This is my first Nvidia card and I am pretty happy so far. My one question is with my ATI card I could change options in the control panel and see differences in games (EQ2 was my popular testing game) however with my new card I can change it from Quality to Performance and see absolutely no difference. AA doesn't even change as far as I can tell nor does texture quality. I did a fresh install of vista and installed the latest forceware drivers so I have the control center that came with that but none of the NVmonitor software I see others talking about ... Am I missing something here?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

x82nd

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
Thank you for the information... I downloaded ntune and will see if that helps at all... what really confuses me is I used to be able to change a setting on my ATI card that made the roads and ground much more focused and clean looking then the default. Normally the road around you looks nice but gets "fuzzy" as it gets further away. I can't figure out a fix for this on this new card though nor do I know what the setting is called.

x82nd

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
that is exactly it. I was able to change that setting and all my games (other then the one I was using to test on) changed. Eq2... my testing game... apparently needed a line added to the INI file to allow AF and AA. Thank you for the information. I am completely squared away now.

x82nd

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
Everquest 2. Its a MMO.

I ended up scowering the forums until I found a few threads on the topic. I had thought it was more card related then game related, lol.