Need help with chosing the right one!

darkreborn

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
hey, i was wondering which PC i should buy cause currently i have none. I was thinking along the lines of amd athlon x2 4000+ or intel e2140 from dell which cost same about 400 dollars with 250gb hard drive, 1gb ram and 256mb ati radeon hd 2400(no moniter). if you guys could help it would be wonderfull because i dont know much about computers and would love anyones help. My budget is low atm but i hope to upgrade it afterwards.

tlmck

Distinguished
It depends on what you want to use the computer for. Games?, HDTV?, Web surfing only?

Additionally, if you plan to upgrade, you will not want a Dell, HP, etc. as upgrade options are generally limited and expensive due to their proprietary nature. Depending on the model, HP has some upgradeable machines.

The best way would be to build your own. If that is not an option, then get a prebuilt from someone who uses standard off the rack components. A place with reasonably good deals on such systems is Newegg.com.

The main issues with prebuilt machines is the low end power supplies and video cards. The 2400 you mention above is good for little more than web surfing.

TRENDING THREADS