jaco

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

Hi
here is my problem
When i install simcity 4 deluxe CD1 OK and at the end of CD 2, ... it
"freeze".
I have an image (a bridge with cars) and ... nothing.
With no cd inside the reader, i try to run the game, the same image appears
with a message : insert the right cd.
I insert the second cd into the cd driver and it "freeze" again.
Can someone help me ?
Jaco

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

Sounds like a conflict or an installation problem. Have you tried
uninstalling/reinstalling?

"Jaco" <ride2kill@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
> Hi
> here is my problem
> When i install simcity 4 deluxe CD1 OK and at the end of CD 2, ... it
> "freeze".
> I have an image (a bridge with cars) and ... nothing.
> With no cd inside the reader, i try to run the game, the same image
appears
> with a message : insert the right cd.
> I insert the second cd into the cd driver and it "freeze" again.
> Can someone help me ?
> Jaco

jaco

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

Yes of course

> Yes of course
>
> "Jason" <theedge@NOSPAM.com> a écrit dans le message de
>> Sounds like a conflict or an installation problem. Have you tried
>> uninstalling/reinstalling?
>>
>> "Jaco" <ride2kill@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> > here is my problem
>> > When i install simcity 4 deluxe CD1 OK and at the end of CD 2, ... it
>> > "freeze".
>> > I have an image (a bridge with cars) and ... nothing.
>> > With no cd inside the reader, i try to run the game, the same image
>> appears
>> > with a message : insert the right cd.
>> > I insert the second cd into the cd driver and it "freeze" again.
>> > Can someone help me ?
>> > Jaco

There's a problem that can occur with CDRoms and there's a fix for that on
the official Help site (or update ithe CDRom's drivers).
If you haven't managed to install the game fully you'll have to Uninstall,
remove the registry entries and program folder and try again.

It can help, when prompted for the next CD, to keep the Shift key pressed
down until the red CDRom light goes off. This stops the second Autorun
function. Then you can press the OK button.

You play with CD 1 in the CDRom.

Skeats
PS I assume you have defragged, cleared the Temp folders, have enough
Page/Swap file and enough computer space.

Eyeneedhelp

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
Guys, your problem is not as worse as mine, but I can't even get Simcity 4 installed myself! Everytime I start installing, it freezes a 2.78 percent which is like 2 percent out of 100. I tried everything I know to install! I looked on simcity.com, and it told me to do this.

* Install the game from your hard drive by copying the CD contents of the discs to your hard drive. (Make sure that you have 2.5gb of free space on your hard drive before attempting this.)

1. Right-click on your Desktop and select New, then click Folder and name it SimCity4.
2. Insert the SimCity 4 disk 1 into your CD/DVD-ROM drive.
3. Double-click on My Computer and right-click on your CD/DVD-ROM and click Open.
4. Hold down the Ctrl button and press the A button to highlight everything, and then press the C button while still holding Ctrl to copy everything.
5. Close the current window, and double-click on the SimCity4 folder on your desktop.
6. Right-click in center of the empty window and click Paste.
7. When the files finish copying, remove the SimCity 4 disk 1 from the CD/DVD-ROM.
8. In the SimCity4 folder, double-click on the file labeled Setup.exe that has a EA icon next to it.
o NOTE: The installation will now start. Once the installation gets to 45% it will prompt you for disk 2. Do not close the installation window, just minimize it and proceed with the steps.
9. Double-click on the SimCity4 folder you created on your desktop.
10. Delete all of the files and folders except for the folders Autorun, Support, and DirectX.
1. To delete the files, hold down the Ctrl button and click with your mouse on all of the files that need to be deleted.
2. Once the files are highlighted, right-click on one of the highlighted files and choose Delete.
3. When prompted if you are sure, choose Yes.
11. Insert the SimCity 4 disk 2 into your CD/DVD-ROM drive.
12. Double-click on My Computer and right-click on your CD/DVD-ROM and click Open.
13. Hold down the Ctrl button and press the A button to highlight everything, and then press the C button while still holding Ctrl to copy everything.
14. Close the current window, and double-click on the SimCity4 folder on your desktop.
15. Select Edit from the window toolbar, and then select Paste.
16. When prompted This file already exists do you wish to overwrite? select Yes to all.
17. When the files finish copying, remove the SimCity 4 disk 2 from the CD/DVD-ROM.
19. After the installation finishes, you can delete the SimCity4 folder.

Is this how it is supposed to be done? Please! Post on how you or other people installed this game! I tried like 17 time and it does not work! Please reply immediatly if you know the answer to my problem. :(