tina

My mother said that her CD driver didnt work anymore and asked me to look at
it. It doesnt show up under My Computer. I tried having the computer search
for it and then add it but it didnt detect it. She says it has been quite a
while since it worked so System Restore wouldnt work. She also said she had
been in MS-DOS and may have done something in there. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tina

Restore CD/DVD Drives to Explorer
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:68BFD093-C9BF-408D-92C8-CA31DB987667@microsoft.com,
Tina <Tina@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

Tina wrote:
> My mother said that her CD driver didnt work anymore and asked me to
> look at it. It doesnt show up under My Computer. I tried having the
> computer search for it and then add it but it didnt detect it. She
> says it has been quite a while since it worked so System Restore
> wouldnt work. She also said she had been in MS-DOS and may have
> done something in there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Tina

She wouldn't have "been in MS-DOS" as it doesn't exist under XP.