Browser crashes when hitting Full-Screen on YouTube

gothicfighter

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010
O've just got connected to the net(finally) and here's the first problem. Whenever I want to fullscreen a youtube video, firefox crashes and so does internet explorer. Every other site works just fine.
Please help :hello:

edit:nevermind. I've restarted the pc and it worked again. It's weird because i've restarted it several times...

It crashes because you have run out of cache memory, which is dedicated to video display. If you were to reduce the size of the display window, 1/2 screen or 3/4 screen it would use less resources, and would not crash. As soon as you exceed the allotted amount, say, 7/8 screen, then it will overflow and crash.
If you had more memory dedicated to video, say for example an external 500 mb PCI video card with separate GPU, and more cache in your main CPU, you would not have the problem.
It's video streaming or video games that uses too many resources, everything else works fine. This happens to gamers too.

tokolosi

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
I've just upgraded my PC and my screen card from a 256Mb Nvidia8600 to a GTX560 with 1GB on board and I now have this issue about 1 in 10times I go full screen on a video.. sometimes it'll be on the 1st time I go full screen, sometimes it will happen on the 10th ... it totally crashes my computer not just the browser...