Garbage Truck mission

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

Hi Guys,

Is there some kind of bug with the garbage truck missions? I start the
mission (either good or evil), and the mission ends before I can
accomplish the goal, all because I was followed. Sometimes I last a few
minutes, but other times the mission ends only a few seconds after I
start it, with the same reason being that I was followed. I assume I'm
being followed by all those ice cream trucks, so is there a way to elude
them, or do I just have to get lucky?

Bill King wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Is there some kind of bug with the garbage truck missions? I start
> the mission (either good or evil), and the mission ends before I can
> accomplish the goal, all because I was followed. Sometimes I last a
> few minutes, but other times the mission ends only a few seconds
> after I start it, with the same reason being that I was followed. I
> assume I'm being followed by all those ice cream trucks, so is there
> a way to elude them, or do I just have to get lucky?

Just try not to stop near them or cause much comotion, ie don't crash. Both
missions are much easier in a young city as you will have less police and
less distance to travel. The reward for Dr.Vu's is the Toxic waste thing,
and IIRC, there isn't one for the good mission, just a better mayor rating.