Sign in with
Your question

What would you do?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 9, 2007 1:51:21 AM

I've been waiting like 2 weeks for the 8800GT /w Crysis and I've yet to get any auto notification or see it in stock. It's a gift for my little brother and I was wondering if it's ever going to be back in stock or should I just pick up a bare bone stock card for $260-270? Thanks in advance.

More about : question

December 9, 2007 6:08:01 AM

TemplarMan said:
I've been waiting like 2 weeks for the 8800GT /w Crysis and I've yet to get any auto notification or see it in stock. It's a gift for my little brother and I was wondering if it's ever going to be back in stock or should I just pick up a bare bone stock card for $260-270? Thanks in advance.

Well I will tell you what I am doing since I am somewhat in a similar situation. I want an ATI 3870, but since they are difficult to find in stock I have sent my father a few links to different cards as I will be receiving this for a x-mas gift since I am a poor college student. My backup card if at the time he will be ordering is the EVGA 8800GTS 640mb SSC which I believes ships with crysis as well. The card is more than the 8800GT, but at higher resolutions it will perform better and at the lower ones it will be on par. Also, I strongly dislike single slot coolers, so the fact that it has a dual slot cooler on it makes me very happy. Also...if I feel I need to bump in speed I plan on just stepping up to an 8800GTS G92 revision if I can. So that is what I am doing. As for waiting for the 8800 GT is specifically answer your question I wouldn't...obviously.

I am not saying that the 8800GTS 640mb SSC being so much more money is justfied by the slight increase over the 8800GT, but at the jacked up prices of the 8800GT and low avalability of them it really isnt all that bad of route to take. If you ask me that is. Hope this helps!

Best,

3Ball
!