Sign in with
Your question

Boot Cd

Last response: in Windows XP
April 30, 2010 7:36:11 PM

Hello,
whats the best bootable cd software
something like O&O Blue con,
Is there anything free thats really good or something thats less pricey?

More about : boot

April 30, 2010 7:52:06 PM

Chester326 said:
Hello,
whats the best bootable cd software
something like O&O Blue con,
Is there anything free thats really good or something thats less pricey?

Anything with the word Linux in it. :D 
May 1, 2010 12:41:36 AM

what do you mean?
Related resources
May 1, 2010 6:18:28 AM

Chester326 said:
what do you mean?

[#0005ff]I mean any Operating System using Linux instead of Windows will be better. You asked for bootable CD software which would normally mean an Operating System. Linux systems are free - although they welcome donations - and and they allow you to do anything you can under XP, Vista or Windows 7.[/#000ff]
May 1, 2010 9:20:54 PM

thanks for explaining to me.

right now i use Xp i'm use to it i haven't tried linux or mc yet i dont know many things around the subject i will do my research in time.

What i want right now is a bootable cs for XP in order to have as a backup in case of a disaster, i have UBCD & UBCD4win are there any commercial programs like bluecon, i'm only asking here cause i don't what to googlesearch for.
May 2, 2010 6:57:20 AM

Chester326 said:
thanks for explaining to me.

right now i use Xp i'm use to it i haven't tried linux or mc yet i dont know many things around the subject i will do my research in time.

What i want right now is a bootable cs for XP in order to have as a backup in case of a disaster, i have UBCD & UBCD4win are there any commercial programs like bluecon, i'm only asking here cause i don't what to googlesearch for.

Prevention is better than cure - if you bought Acronis True Image you can make an up-to-date clone of your systems and everything in it from which to restore if you have such a disaster. That will create a bootable CD.
May 2, 2010 6:09:24 PM

Acronis and Norton ghost are both good backup software.
May 2, 2010 6:30:36 PM

i got about 2Tbs in my system almost full

Were am i going to back up? I think to backup i need exactly the same space i'm occuping

That means for 2 Tbs i need 2 tbs emty makes it a grand total of 4 tbs .

correct me if i'm wrong.

i have though to backing up but thats why i'm on the search of a bootable Cd right now
May 2, 2010 7:09:51 PM

Chester326 said:
i got about 2Tbs in my system almost full

Were am i going to back up? I think to backup i need exactly the same space i'm occuping

That means for 2 Tbs i need 2 tbs emty makes it a grand total of 4 tbs .

correct me if i'm wrong.

i have though to backing up but thats why i'm on the search of a bootable Cd right now

Windows own built-in backup will compress but it won't reduce 2Tb down to the size of a CD. A couple of external drives would be your best bet.

May 3, 2010 9:41:34 AM

I had a 1tb external HDD but the adaptor the makes it external malfunctioned and and i inserted the HDD in the pc
!