Is the Slim CRT TV Market Dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZychoFlow

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2006
Hi I like many others would is considering to buy a HDTV,
and to me video quality is very important.

Now it's no myth that CRT's still have the best video quality,
but most manufacturers have abandoned the CRT market.

Are there any good Slim CRT TVs with HDTV out there and
which are the best?

MrCommunistGen

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2005
Unfortunately the time for picking up a quality CRT has passed. At least in stores the only CRTs I see are low end models and even those are being displaced, usually by low end LCDs. I'm glad I picked up a Sony 32" CRT HDTV before they went extinct.

-mcg

Kamrooz

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
What do you mean by slim?

IMO there are no slim CRT's.

You should be able to find a HDTV in a large tv form. A rear projection HDTV that is. But they only come in the larger variety of like 50"+. That would be your only option in avoiding LCD/Plasma.

I'm in the same boat. I don't like LCD's, they have way too many negatives to outweigh the benefits. LCD/Plasma is a gateway product, there are much more superior products in development that eliminate all the negative of LCD's.

One is FED (Field Emission Display), which won't be released till around 2009/2010 (at first, it won't be filtering down to the consumer market). It's basically a CRT in a flat panel form....I won't get into too many details since I have so often regarding these technologies, but if you want just search google/wikipedia for "FED" or "Field Emission Display".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML2Cik7-7ic

The other, is OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode). It also eliminates the faults in liquid crystal and plasma displays. OLED's are truly impressive. You really can't just put into words how cool they are. Here's a link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ufs9Wx0VXQ

Unfortunately, you're going to have to nab a LCD/Plasma, or get a rear projection TV. Those would be the only choices....

kukito

Distinguished
May 17, 2006

soundtrek

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2009

You might want to check out Monivision. Seems like a legitimate brand.
But scrutinize the features and read all reviews before you buy.

hallowed_dragon

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008

I think he already made a decision 2 years ago... :kaola: Next please watch the year of the post :p

Status
Not open for further replies.