Repeated loss of connection on laptop

G

I've had my laptop for about 4-5 months now and for the last month i have been having problems maintaining a connection from my wireless router and modem. It will connect to my network and the internet upon start up but will then frequantly disconnect and reconnect afterwards. Sometimes it disconnects with seconds of it reconnecting and other times it will last anything up to a couple of hours, usually it only lasts 2-3 minutes. It happens more often when using a program that uses the internet connection. I'm unsure whether it is an issue with my wireless network or internet connection as sometimes i lose just the internet and other time i lose the network connection too. There are 2 computers and 3 consoles in my house that use the wireless connection without any problems it's just the laptop. I've tried connecting at different ranges, connecting with and without other devices using the network, rebooting the laptop and the routerbut all had no effect.

If you need anymore details of the problem or any system information to give help just let me know.

G

How does the laptop work when it's in the same place as the computers which work okay ?

Possibly the place you normally use the laptop is closer to a source of interference -- check for neighbouring wifi on channels within 5 stops of yours, relocate cordless phone base, video sender etc.

Also play with different channels -- the frequencies they represent are affected by different environments.