pestilence

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2006
Hi,

I have suddenly run into a problem with my Soundmax onboard audio. I have had this system set up now for over a year and never had any problems. I had it at school and it was using sound fine, and when I got home I switched to headphones because I didn't want to lug my speakers, but now the sound cuts out randomly. It tends to do it after I just used the sound for a while (like played a game, watched something, etc). It is not the headphones, I already tried another item when it stops. On restart, it works fine again. Have tried reinstalling drivers, had no success. Please help!

Current system:
Have 5.10.16__ Soundmax drivers installed.
ASUS P5B
ATi X1800XT 512 MB
2 GB RAM
Intel E6750 Dual Core

pestilence

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2006
Update: isolated the problem. The problem happens when my headset on my PC is yanked around (i.e, I set it on my swiveling chair and spin around, and it comes out, or I force it around hard. It has something to do with the contact point of the headset and sound card. However, it leaves no permanent damage and if I leave it where it doesn't get knocked around, it remains fine. I don't understand it exactly. Any theories?