Problem with SimCity4 and Nvidia Geforce 5900XT

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

Hi!

I am playing Railroad Tycoon 3 and SimCity 4 on my desktop PC. I have a
AMD XP3200 CPU, a Geforce 5900 XT graphics adapter, 512 MB PC400 DDRRAM,
enough place on the harddisk, CD, DVD, Soundblaster Live,....
I use Win XP SP2, latest drivers, Direct X9..

SimCity starts, all works fine when suddenly th game crashes. It crashes
in different way. Sometimes it crashes I the desktop appaers. Sometime I
got a bluecreen mentioned an error nvid...dll driver error. Or the game
just freezes.
I got the same problems with Railroad Tycoon 3, Doom 3 runs without any
problems.

Anybody got an idea how to fix this? I installed the lastest drivers and
patches, changed the bios sevral times (amount of RAM used to cache
videoram, ....)

Thanks for help,
Volker

Volker Glienke wrote:
> Anybody got an idea how to fix this? I installed the lastest drivers
> and patches, changed the bios sevral times (amount of RAM used to
> cache videoram, ....)

Don't know much about Nvidia but IIRC there was one driver that didn't work
and people had to role back, it's probably been fixed now, but you could
still try it.