Seagate Savvio 15K.1 or velociraptor

shaido7

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2003
Hello everyone,

My 74 gig raptor served me very well. Now its gone and i need a new hard drive and i am looking to upgrade and need some help. I was looking at single drives such as wd 150 gig raptor,or the wd velociraptors , or actually upgrading to a 15k scsi drive such as Seagate Savvio 15K.1 Admittedly i dont know much about scsi except i think i need a controller.

I dont have a ton of money but i was looking at the velociraptor at 289.00 us and the 250.00us savvio 15k and was thinking maybe i could add a controller and have scsi. Is it that simple or am i way off? what do i need to factor in that i might be aware of and what should i do? I use my computer for entertainment only which includes a lot of downloading music etc but primarily FPS type GAMING.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
The Velociraptor is very nice and I don't know much about the Savvio, but I would actually get the WD6400AAKS and at least try it out. It's only $85.00 and is a pretty fast drive.

I have a 74G Raptor HD and have installed a few 150G Raptor X HDs. I was really impressed by this drive. It certainly doesn't have the seek times of the other drives, but you might be pleasantly surprised by its performance. If your not, then use it as a fast storage drive.

TRENDING THREADS