Windows 7 or vista

hey....

Is there anyone here who can tell me which one is better for gaming ......

XP or 7?

thanks...
13 answers Last reply
More about windows vista
  1. tan007 said:
    hey....

Is there anyone here who can tell me which one is better for gaming ......

XP or 7?

thanks...

I think you'll probably get better replies on the PC Gaming Board.
  2. Saga Lout said:

I think you'll probably get better replies on the PC Gaming Board.

Thanks sire.....
  3. Win 7, but it depends on the games.
  4. They both benchmark very similar. I would go with windows 7 64bit. The 64bit OS can utilize more memory. The DX11 support is a nice feature that XP doens't have. XP is also outdated and losing MS support.

Windows 7 is the present and near future. You may as well make the switch now.

5. XP is also outdated and losing MS support.

Hmm - not until 2014.
  6. windows 7 as per this test...also, direct 11x is a windows 7 if you are going that route on your rig...agree with above thread..windows 7 -64 bit is my choice. :heink:
    http://www.hardwareheaven.com/articles.php?articleid=137&pageid=10
  7. aford10 said:

[#0005ff]Hey - split hairs, why don't you? :D They'll probably change their minds - again but either way, it's not exactly next week!

Anyway, until W7 can smooth out its networking issues, I won;t eb recommending any of my larger customers to switch.
    [/#000ff]
  8. I'm with you on that. I'm eagerly awaiting a service pack for W7.
  9. aford10 said:
    I'm with you on that. I'm eagerly awaiting a service pack for W7.

I'd offer to let you know in advance but I suspect I've been thrown out of testing for stirring up the brown stuff once too often. :D

10. Eh, that'll happen. Would've been nice to get some inside info though.
  11. Which networking issues would those be?
  12. Zoron said:
    Which networking issues would those be?

[#0005ff]I suppose the answer to this would normally be "if you have to ask the question, you probably wouldn't understand the answer" but for a poster of your standing that one somehow doesn't seem to apply. :D I'll just settle for asking are you seriously suggesting W7 is ready to be let loose in a large networked environment before its first SP comes out? Woul dyou have done that with Vista? [/#000ff]
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Windows XP Windows Vista Gaming