SB live 24bit external sounds bad

rubikian

Distinguished
May 20, 2002
Hi,

Just want to check with you guys if anyone of you own one of the USB SB live 24bit sound card. I just got one and thought that the sound would be the same as the PCI SB live cards that I had before but seems like not. The sound frequency response is poor. I'm using USB 2.0 and running at 24bit. I even use the most updated driver on creative website. There is no bass and treble control (grey out). The graphical equalizer cannot get some good frequency response. High freqency not high enough. Listening to songs like listening to low bit rate MP3. So, what I'm doing now is to use a third party software sound enhancement like DFX but what's the point of having a creative SB live if we need the DFX?

Anyone has this issue? Or do you know any mod driver that can make it performs better?

rubikian

Distinguished
May 20, 2002
It's already bad in Xp and I just got my Vista installed, downloaded the drivers and now, where is the equalizer? The EAX effects are only a few of them. Anyone has any idea? I think creative forgot to include the features.

rubikian

Distinguished
May 20, 2002
There's new software in Creative web called Creative Audio Center. It works better than XP with Equalizer, CMSS, EAX, and speaker settings. The audio quality sounds much better than XP. Not so disappointed afterall...

Thanks to Creative for listening to the users...