Sign in with
Your question

GA P35C DS3R Beeping Problems!!

Last response: in Systems
December 3, 2007 2:05:40 PM

Hi everyone im new here but i have a real frustrating problem.

I recently have made a new system and have a gigabyte p35c ds3r mobo and e6600 processor and a 650w psu and a galaxy geforce 8600gts. put it all together turned it on all fans spin but i get 3 short beeps then a pause then continuous beeps. ANY HELP PLEASE
SO FRUSTRATED!!!

thanks.

ben
December 3, 2007 2:09:45 PM

Check the motherboard manual for beep codes. It means there is a hardware problem.

*edit* After a little research: If you're using AWARD BIOS - These could be the problems you are experiencing...
(Source & Good Site for BIOS info: http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm )

Repeating (endless loop) Memory error Check for improperly seated or missing memory.
1long, 3short No video card or bad video RAM Reseat or replace the video card.
High frequency beeeps while running Overheated CPU Check the CPU fan for proper operation. Check the case for proper air flow.
Repeating High/Low CPU Either the CPU is not seated properly or the CPU is damaged. May also be due to excess heat. Check the CPU fan or BIOS settings for proper fan speed.
December 3, 2007 2:12:16 PM

i did and there was nothing for 3 short beeps or anything for continuous beeps thats why i come to this forum for help.

any more ideas.
Related resources
December 3, 2007 2:17:27 PM

Check my above post, I added some information which you may find helpful.
December 3, 2007 2:23:32 PM

also forgot to mentiont there is no output to the monitor
December 3, 2007 2:35:07 PM

Check your RAM, make sure it is seated correctly.
-next-
Check your CPU, make sure it is seated correctly.
-next-
Make sure all wired connections are properly connected and secure. (Especially make sure the 4-pin CPU power is in place)
-next-
Make sure the Video Card has an additional 6-pin power adapter with power going into it.

Quote:
also forgot to mentiont there is no output to the monitor
You won't get any output on the monitor with a failed POST test.
December 3, 2007 2:40:41 PM

Well whatever you do, don't remove the CMOS battery. That'll make things much worse. If you need to reset the CMOS, short the pins or jumper them.
December 3, 2007 2:56:52 PM

i alredy took the cmos battery out, no difference
December 3, 2007 3:07:56 PM

Quote:
Well whatever you do, don't remove the CMOS battery. That'll make things much worse. If you need to reset the CMOS, short the pins or jumper them.

He said DON'T remove the battery. In some cases you won't even reset the BIOS like that, you need to short the jumpers or read your manual on resetting the BIOS.

I'm telling you... it's a hardware problem. You need to check the seating on all your hardware & wired connections. If everything is correct then you probably have a piece that is DOA.

One thing that MAY be the problem - Check the back of the PSU and make sure the red switch shows 115 and not 220. If it does show 220, just move it over to show 115.
December 4, 2007 5:12:33 PM

o yeah this makes the same beeping with or without ram
December 4, 2007 5:52:07 PM

"AMI beep codes: 3short , Base 64k memory failure,, A memory failure has occurred in the first 64k of RAM.The RAM IC is probably bad.""
Endless loops Beeps: missing or improprly seated Memory.
Award Bios: Same as above. Good luck with it.
!