Simcity 4 Rush Hour train transporation query

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

Just a quick query for you train buffs. I had a muck around with elevated
rail tonight and I figured out how to link it to my subway network (I
think).

I was wondering, which has the higher capacity? Elevated rail, or a
monorail? Which is better for shifting Sims around the city, and which is
better for getting them to neighbouring cities?

Thanks,

Jason.

Jason wrote:
> Just a quick query for you train buffs. I had a muck around with elevated
> rail tonight and I figured out how to link it to my subway network (I
> think).
>
> I was wondering, which has the higher capacity? Elevated rail, or a
> monorail? Which is better for shifting Sims around the city, and which is
> better for getting them to neighbouring cities?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason.

Well, those two transit networks serve different purposes. El-rail is
designed to be a link for inside the city. Monorail (what's it called?
Monorail! etc.) is for ferrying large numbers of Sims from city to city.
I've seen it used successfully for intra-city transport by such SimCity
Central members as the Monkey's Uncle and others. The only catch is that
they're expensive as ****.

--
REAL email:
thetorpedodog canistorpedis

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

"Paul Fisher"
<thetorpeododog-removeandaddat-canistorpedis-notpartoftheaddy-dot-net> wrote
in message news:b1e9b$42a0ffe4$d844e7c3$10342@FUSE.NET...
> Jason wrote:
>> Just a quick query for you train buffs. I had a muck around with elevated
>> rail tonight and I figured out how to link it to my subway network (I
>> think).
>>
>> I was wondering, which has the higher capacity? Elevated rail, or a
>> monorail? Which is better for shifting Sims around the city, and which is
>> better for getting them to neighbouring cities?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jason.
>>

> Well, those two transit networks serve different purposes. El-rail is
> designed to be a link for inside the city. Monorail (what's it called?
> Monorail! etc.) is for ferrying large numbers of Sims from city to city.
> I've seen it used successfully for intra-city transport by such SimCity
> Central members as the Monkey's Uncle and others. The only catch is that
> they're expensive as ****.

What about subways and buses. How do they do at connecting cities? I don't
think buses do.