Bootmgr is missing vista

awriterpaul

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
Hello:

I am so frustrated. I received the dreaded BOOTMGR IS MISSING...

I don't have the original program disc. I have System Suite 9 Professional but it does not help. All the literature on the Internet ASSUMES pertinent knowledge. I need help as if I am your pre-teen child...no knowledge whatsoever.

Before the BOOTMGR IS MISSING, the computer crashed and I guess all my attempts to restore things created the BOOTMGR IS MISSING problem. All the directions tell you to do this and then that. My problem is I cannot get to "this" and I have no idea what to do next.

Is there anyone or anyplace where I can get A-B-C kind of guidance? I tried typing in the word "Dummies" and that led nowhere. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Can anyone help? In advance, thanks.

Paul

awriterpaul

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011

Thank you for your prompt response. I do not have the original CD to start the computer. I have only the disc provided with System Suite 9 Professional. Remember, I am a totally uninformed newbie, so the instruction to "Open Command Prompt doesn't mean all that much...unless the words Open Command Prompt are among the selections. I know...totally dense and without a clue. But consider, we were all once so new we didn't know what to do.

How do I know if it is a hardware problem and not fixable by ordinary means? Again, many thanks.

Paul