Sign in with
Your question

Monitor wont come out of sleep like mode

Last response: in Windows XP
May 3, 2010 10:06:04 AM

Hello,

I've been having a major issue with
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (0xD1)"

In our house hold we have a HP Pavalion OEM Windows XP service pack 2 (i think)
firstly i like to point out that this HP was not ours originally. some dude sold it to us coz he thought there was a problem with it an so he sold it to use for like $600, n there wasnt anything wrong it, he was just a little stupid to figure it out.I wanted to mention that just to let you know, if you were curious...bout why would we own a HP Pavalion thats basically an OEM with a decent specs.

Anyway now, today i;ve encountered a problem with it recently being on and it was at the time converting a movie file (VLC format) to .avi using the VCL player converting tool, it was taking its time and about 20 mins of it up to about 5% (movie file, was playing fine but would not play on a piooner divx player, hence the converting)

Then the computer suddenly rebooted itself and the monitor would not turn on and would stay in a sleep mode state that i cant get it out of. Please note atm their is no vga card that the monitor vga cable can plug into an so it is plugged into the motherboard vga port as recently the graphics card that was in their pretty much just died, n so it was removed n the chipset driver replaced the existing graphics driver. Until now it has been working fine, (it didnt need a VGA card anyway)

Stop 0x0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL messages

The computer itself powers on correctly, there are no beeps when booted, so im confident it is not a hardware problem with the cpu or the monitor or the cable. But i cannot be sure as whenever i power it on i cant get any display, to work out this problem. I've been thinking of getting a low end graphics card to put in their thats cheap, with dvi port. to connect up another monitor to get around this DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (0xD1)" message issue.

Today, I CRC can air brushed the motherboard circuits of dust, in places of thought of importance.
Turn it back on (while still open) monitor turns on, boot process is normal, then the stop error blue screen displays (that i mentioned) says to follow these steps:

“If this is the first time you’ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this message appears
Again, follow these steps:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQAUL

Technical Information:

Service Pack

%u System Processor [%u MB Memory]%Z

***STOP:0X000000D1(0X00048ACE,0X00000002, 0X00000000,0X7CF035E)

***USBPORT.SYS – ADDRESS B7CF035E BASE AT B7CE8000M DATESTAMP, 480254CE

(end of message)

I rebooted, then it went back to black screen. Done my research….microsoft says this a problem to do with usb’s being removed suddenly but from what I can tell that is only related to win server 2003 series, not XP I couldn’t tell you exactly what service pack it is as I can’t even get a monitor to display. But it would be either Sevice pack 2 or 3)

Im at a loss to what this problem is, at the very least all I can say it’s a mix of 2 maybe 3 problems causing this overall problem. Anyone know this or have had the same problem?
May 3, 2010 10:25:31 AM

Since now im an IT Student i've decided to make this forum my home for discussion as discussion in my Swinburne Tafe class is of people who've just hit puberty and (boys) and pretty much just use laptops, an all they do is ask the main IT teacher for the campus for our course (sys admin diploma) for help as they cant work out problems for themselves......which is fair enough i suppose im mean we are full time students, however i still make time for this but even i need tech support now an then.
m
l
May 3, 2010 10:28:06 AM

heres some info that i've pulled

0x0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0xA
Drivers are using improper memory addresses. Check for buggy device drivers.

Note: Stop 0x0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL messages are very similar to 0x000000D1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL messages and the same troubleshooting principles apply. If you cannot resolve your 0x0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL then try the 0x000000D1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL section.

Stop error message when you run a filter driver that calls the "CmRegisterCallback" routine to register a "RegistryCallback" routine on a Windows XP SP2-based computer: "STOP: 0x0000000A"

On a Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)-based computer, you run a filter driver that calls the CmRegisterCallback routine to register a RegistryCallback routine. In this situation, Windows XP with SP2 may crash. When this problem occurs, you receive a stop error message that resembles the following:

STOP: 0x0000000A (parameter1, parameter2, parameter3, parameter4)
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

0x000000D1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. Drivers that have used improper addresses typically cause this error.

Note: Stop 0x0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL messages are very similar to 0x000000D1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL messages and the same troubleshooting principles apply. If you cannot resolve your 0x000000D1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL then try the 0x0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL section.

m
l
!