Sign in with
Your question

HIS Hightech Radeon HD 2600XT 512MB GDDR3 AGP

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 10, 2007 11:34:29 PM

What is the power supply wattage required to run this card? I've looked on the HIS site but I can't find it. Newegg.com doesn't have it either. Thanks.
December 10, 2007 11:44:56 PM

http://www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/450/5/

Should be a bit less than the IceQ TURBO since it has lower clocks

"In my view:
Get a 350 to 450 Watt power supply unit with 25 AMPs on the 12-volts rails; it should be really sufficient."
December 11, 2007 12:11:19 AM

Thank you, Pollux.
Related resources
December 19, 2007 4:17:22 PM

Hi guys,

I recently got this card for my pc as I am still using apg. However, none of the ATI installers will properly install it. Some crash on file 'ati2mtag.sys', and some say it cannot be installed on my current hardware/software. The former seems to be my main problem - can anyone help?

I have updated my BIOS to the latest version, and am running Win XP w/o SPs. I cannot update SPs.

Incidentally the max aperture size in my BIOS is 256mb , when the card is 512mb - is this an issue?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
D
December 19, 2007 8:14:41 PM

daujla said:
Hi guys,

I recently got this card for my pc as I am still using apg. However, none of the ATI installers will properly install it. Some crash on file 'ati2mtag.sys', and some say it cannot be installed on my current hardware/software. The former seems to be my main problem - can anyone help?

I have updated my BIOS to the latest version, and am running Win XP w/o SPs. I cannot update SPs.

Incidentally the max aperture size in my BIOS is 256mb , when the card is 512mb - is this an issue?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
D

The problem isn't your hardware, its the drivers. ATI left out support for AGP in the mainstream Catalyst 7.8 - 7.11 drivers. Its in their release notes for 7.11. In order to use a AGP card you have to download vendor spefific Catalyst drivers which have the support added. There's a long thread on the Radeon 2xxx cards in the HTPC section of AVSForum whiich discusses this among other things. The thread also discusses how to modify the mainstream Catalyst drivers to add AGP support. Or you could wait until the release of the mainstream Catalyst 7.12 drivers which are supposed to add AGP support back into the mainstream drivers again.
December 20, 2007 7:54:23 AM

Hi,

I had read something like this on another site - Omegadrivers.net, which supposedly modified the drivers to allow agp support. I downloaded these, but got the same problem - using the application to install them doesn't make Windows recognise the card, and then when I attempt to direct the Found New Hardware wizard to the drivers my system again halts on the ati2,tag.sys file...

I'll take a look at AVSForum tho, thx.
December 20, 2007 8:24:52 AM

a decent 350W PSU will be more than enough.
July 31, 2008 3:31:52 PM

I have had the same issue for a few days racking my brains where to get display drivers for this card, since I have the HIS version of this caard, and then it hit me, duh go to the website of the manufacturer, and I felt stupid for not doing it before, they have the most updated version of drivers for the card.
The only reason I was looking is because I am having BSOD and CTD while in game so I was a bit frustrated.
but I think I fixed it as soon as these drivers finish downloading, now to fix the heat issue.
Later
July 31, 2008 3:35:22 PM

Oh this caard requires a minimum of 400w to run, like someone mentioned a 350w, I tired that in an old case and it crashed every 5 minutes, it was so underpowered, I would suggest atleast a 600w just so you have the power the card requires which is 400-450w's and you have extra power just in case you need it.
July 31, 2008 5:36:30 PM

You don't need omega drivers. The official drivers will work with the official AGP hotfix.
!