Problem with video

According to what I've noted below, what do you think the problem is?

• MOBO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CPU

• PSU

• VCARD

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • RAM

• Connection Problem

• User Error

• Other(please leave a post if this)

• Total voters

Ukazi2021

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2007
I've been having issues with this unit for a while. Its a desktop built with the following:"

MOBO: Asus P5K-VM
PROC: Intel Q6600 Quad Core
MEM: 2gb PNY (2x 1gb sticks)
PSU: Rosewill 550w
VCard: EVGA 8800GTS 640mb
CASE: Thermaltake Armor, the one with the 250mm Side Fan
HDD: WesternDigital IDE 120gb

I'm not getting any video, Ive tried with and without the vcard. Either way I get no video. Everything powers up fine but no dice with getting the screen to show anything at all. I'm not getting any beep codes, Ive even tried removing the RAM to see if it was conflicting. Ive reset the CMOS. Tried different monitors. Just can't seem to figure it out. Prior to this I've gone through 3 DOA Mobo's 2 Gigabyte and 1 Asus, I'm beginning to worry that some of the parts may not be working properly due to this. Asus phone tech support have not been helpfull at all, all they suggested was to buy a new CPU or PSU. No thanks, a replacement quad core is just a waste if it doesn't work.

I work as a novice computer tech, but regardless this has stumped me big time. Please help or give me some suggestiongs of any kind. Thanks!

Ukazi2021

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2007
Yeah, but the other ones I have are weaker and they don't have the 24pin connectors, however I can bring one home tonight.

SirCrono

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
If there are no beep codes and everything turns on I'd say you've got a bad videocard, anyway, before RMA'ing it try reseating everything and trying a friend's card.
If it's not the VGA, and not the PSU then the mobo is the most probable suspect.