New GTS when? tomorrow?

lcaley

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
Anyone heard any new news about the 8800 GTS 512MB? I've been hearing that it's supposed to be out tomorrow, but there isn't a single retailer that knows anything about it. Anyone hear anything new?

raven2004

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2007
Hey Icaley,
I actually pick one up at Compusa tonight! it was on sale for 360.00, they only had one in stock at the cincinnati compusa (springdale). Its a BFG 8800 GTS 512MB OC. The packaging basically looks like the BFG 8800 GT box. I didnt believe it on sunday when i saw the compusa ad in the paper, its actually listed in this weeks ad. (online too)Called this morning and they had one. Finally after weeks looking for a 8800 GT at both Bestbuy and Compusa i finally ended up with something i am happy with that will play Crysis, I hope. LOL
happy hunting. :bounce:

lcaley

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
I called CompUSA and somehow got forwarded to the national sales department, and they didn't have the item number in their computer or anything. I had planned on going over there tomorrow morning to check it out, but after that phone call, decided not to, but maybe now I will just to check it out. Thanks for the information!

I wonder why CompUSA of all places got it before places like newegg and tigerdirect... thats really weird...