EIST disappearing (DS3L and E2180)

Silverion77

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
Hey guys

I have an E2180 and P35-DS3L motherboard and EIST has conveniently disappeared.

When my system first ran I had it, but it is sort of just gone. C1E is there and enabled (overclocking but need a better cooler so enabled for now) but EIST is gone and I believe my proc. has it

Any reason why its gone??? Not a real concern just wondering

Billbo6

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2008
I had the same problem the other day. I care about it because it's another symptom I can use to make Gigabyte give me a board that actually works! Lot of unhappy customers out here.

My DS3L is playing up (the not holding OC problem). After trying some of the "fixes", went into bios and the setting was gone. Re-flashed bios and it was back. Rebooted after turning EIST and C1E off, it was gone. I asked over at Anandtech about it because I thought it wasn't right. It came back all by itself though.

You're the only other person I know of so far that has seen this happen.

One thing I've noticed about the strange voodoo magic going on with DS3L's, many victims have an E21xx cpu.

Silverion77

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
Well truthfully (I didnt tell tech support this when I had a recent problem). The E2180 is not under the supported CPU list. The E2160 and 2140 are but the 2180 is no on the list

Billbo6

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2008
Yes but it could be a sign of worse to come. I've had nothing but trouble with my DS3L.

Please at least fill out a tech report because hopefully the more that do will make gigabyte work harder at fixing the issues. These boards have very good potential. Unfortunately there are a few too many quirks with them at the moment.