Help please with my new speakers

alienvspredator001

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2007
I just bought T6100 5.1 speaker system and I hooked it up to my pc but then I realized that the center speaker was not playing. I though i hooked it up wrong so i checked the connection and tested it using Realtek hd Audio Manager.
Now the sound came out of center and front speakers and subwoofer but there was no sound coming out rear(side) speakers. I went back to Windows Media player and again there was no sound from center speaker but there was sound from rear speaker. Yeah, I have no idea what is going on. I have an on-board audio card on my motherboard GA-MA69GM-S2H. I think i might have to get new sound card.

sneeks

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
start

Back of PC:
Center/Subwoofer = Orange
Rear Speakers = Black
Front Speakers = Green

Remember this.

Now unplug everything.

Your audio drivers should've came with a program called Audio Manager. Big bubbley green window? Get there.

Once there, hit the Audio I/O tab. In the drop down list select 6CH Speaker.

Start plugging stuff back in. Every time you plug something in, a box will come up and ask you which thing you plugged in. Inform it. Make sure to go one at a time.

/Didn't work?
Unplug everything.
Uninstall your audio drivers.
Make sure you have the "microsoft uaa bus driver for high definition audio". It should be on your driver disk, but you can get it here:
http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/9662/

Reinstall your audio drivers.

Go back to start

//Still doesn't work?
Exchange your speakers for a new set. Goto start.

///Really doesn't work:
Get a new sound card.