Altitude

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

Is there any way I can determine the altitude on either side of a river --
to assist with building bridges, since I sometimes have trouble with too
steep an incline on the approach.

--
Sherrie Chaparro
s.chaparro@cox.net

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

"Sherrie" <s.chaparro@cox.net> wrote in

> Is there any way I can determine the altitude on either side of a
> river -- to assist with building bridges, since I sometimes have
> trouble with too steep an incline on the approach.
>
> --
> Sherrie Chaparro
> s.chaparro@cox.net
> 949 770-5158

Sure,
use the Query tool. It's the same one that you click on your
powerplants to see how much power you are generating, or your
schools to check on how many students there are.
Anyway, click on a tile along the shoreline and you will be
told that it is dirt and in the info is it's elevation.
Also check the color, darker green is higher elevation.

--
Just my $0.02 worth. Hope it helps
Gordon Reeder

Hey EVERYBODY!
Unity means let's try to meet each other halfway

Gordon Reeder wrote:
> "Sherrie" <s.chaparro@cox.net> wrote in
>

>>Is there any way I can determine the altitude on either side of a
>>river -- to assist with building bridges, since I sometimes have
>>trouble with too steep an incline on the approach.
>

> Sure,
> use the Query tool. It's the same one that you click on your
> powerplants to see how much power you are generating, or your
> schools to check on how many students there are.
> Anyway, click on a tile along the shoreline and you will be
> told that it is dirt and in the info is it's elevation.
> Also check the color, darker green is higher elevation.

That'd only be SC3K. In SimCity 4, simply hit ctrl-X and type in
"terrainquery", and hit <Enter>. Then mouse your query tool over the
applicable tile(s).

--
HAVE CASH READY
SINGLE FILE ONLY

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

Wonderful! I'll try that - thanks.

"Paul Fisher"
<thetorpeododog-removeandaddat-canistorpedis-notpartoftheaddy-dot-net> wrote
in message news:97167$42b0d711$453dd521$12000@FUSE.NET...