Best PDA?

Tags:
July 8, 2005 9:12:00 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

Decided to take the plunge and get a PDA!

Looking for something that easily syncs with outlook, has GPS, Bluetooth or
WIFI.

Anyone have any for sale? anyone know a newsgroup for these things.. could
do with finding out whats hot and whats not.

TIA,

gbnews

--
gbnews (gbnews@XNOSPAMMAMXbtinternet.com)

More about : pda

Anonymous
July 8, 2005 9:32:04 PM

"gbnews" <mati@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:D amc50$m8s$2@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> Decided to take the plunge and get a PDA!
>
> Looking for something that easily syncs with outlook, has GPS, Bluetooth
> or
> WIFI.
>
> Anyone have any for sale? anyone know a newsgroup for these things.. could
> do with finding out whats hot and whats not.

Well, I'm not selling mine but if you can find what I've got on the cheap
then it'd be a good deal!
It's the HP 4705 chock full of everything you've mentioned. It communicates
very well with my bluetooth cellphone and picks up the signal off my home
dsl router. The sound is awesome using a good set of headphones and with the
right program (which I'd found, Pocket-DVD Studio) I was able to properly
copy over movies with good sound. (sound being a common problem with these
translations).

I wouldn't recommend anyone buying it brand new right now since there are so
many on the way with better features and such.

But note as well, it's big, plus the quick-buttons stink (which I never
use). Otherwise, I recommend it, "USED".
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 9:55:30 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

> "gbnews" <mati@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> news:D amc50$m8s$2@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...

>> Anyone have any for sale? anyone know a newsgroup for these things..
>> could
>> do with finding out whats hot and whats not.

Sorry, I mean't to mention this as well:

http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/

I go here first every single time I plan on buying anything PC/Electronics
related. Just click on the 'Handhelds' Link near the top

hth
July 9, 2005 2:25:40 PM

WhoTurnedOffTheLights wrote:
> "gbnews" <mati@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> news:D amc50$m8s$2@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
>> Decided to take the plunge and get a PDA!
>>
>> Looking for something that easily syncs with outlook, has GPS,
>> Bluetooth or
>> WIFI.
>>
>> Anyone have any for sale? anyone know a newsgroup for these things..
>> could do with finding out whats hot and whats not.
>
> Well, I'm not selling mine but if you can find what I've got on the
> cheap then it'd be a good deal!
> It's the HP 4705 chock full of everything you've mentioned. It
> communicates very well with my bluetooth cellphone and picks up the
> signal off my home dsl router. The sound is awesome using a good set
> of headphones and with the right program (which I'd found, Pocket-DVD
> Studio) I was able to properly copy over movies with good sound.
> (sound being a common problem with these translations).
>
> I wouldn't recommend anyone buying it brand new right now since there
> are so many on the way with better features and such.
>
> But note as well, it's big, plus the quick-buttons stink (which I
> never use). Otherwise, I recommend it, "USED".

Looked at the specifications for that and couldn't find GPS anywhere?

Cheers,

-
gbnews (gbnews@XNOSPAMMAMXbtinternet.com)
Anonymous
July 9, 2005 5:51:43 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

I bought a HX4700 a couple of months ago and using it in conjuction with
an SD/GPS, as it's my first PDA I'm more than happy with the results.
One small complaint is that it won't sync with my Netscape address book
so I'll have to retype the whole thing.
HC ;-)

gbnews wrote:
> Decided to take the plunge and get a PDA!
>
> Looking for something that easily syncs with outlook, has GPS, Bluetooth or
> WIFI.
>
> Anyone have any for sale? anyone know a newsgroup for these things.. could
> do with finding out whats hot and whats not.
>
> TIA,
>
> gbnews

Anonymous
July 9, 2005 6:24:32 PM

news:D ao8n4$evi$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...

> Looked at the specifications for that and couldn't find GPS anywhere?
>
> Cheers,

Okay, yah. that it doesn't have. Hmmmm, I wonder how hard it might be to
find something with everything including the GPS.?
July 9, 2005 10:23:04 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

>>> Decided to take the plunge and get a PDA!

Have you thought abt a Treo 650?
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 9:00:29 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

> > Looked at the specifications for that and couldn't find GPS anywhere?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >

> Okay, yah. that it doesn't have. Hmmmm, I wonder how hard it might be to
> find something with everything including the GPS.?

Looks like the HP iPAQ hw6515 has everything, though its also a phone which
I don't want. Wonder if there is a model similar without the Quad band phone
planned.

gbnews
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 9:38:04 PM

news:D ark7c$8u8$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...>

> Looks like the HP iPAQ hw6515 has everything, though its also a phone
> which
> I don't want. Wonder if there is a model similar without the Quad band
> phone
> planned.

Just glanced at the specs. Looks sweet. 'like the thumb-board.

Maybe you should try and find a Forum someplace, or Board which might have
mention of what's to come in the future? I'm sure there'll be plenty of
offerings down the line. That is if you could wait it out.

good luck.
!