Sign in with
Your question

Help with doing a full reboot on system

Last response: in Windows XP
Anonymous
May 4, 2010 2:13:34 PM

Hello,
I bought a computer 2 year ago and have no problems, until i went on holiday and my son and his uncle have been messing and now i cant even connect to internet. It keeps coming up windows error. I also cant open alot of files and quite a few other things. The internet has been checked and is ok and have been advised to just do a full recovery on the full ststem. I am xp, but dont have a disc, the place were i bought it from 2 yr ago is now closed down. What can i do? do i actually need a disc or can it be done without?

More about : full reboot system

May 5, 2010 5:38:33 AM

Quote:
Hello,
I bought a computer 2 year ago and have no problems, until i went on holiday and my son and his uncle have been messing and now i cant even connect to internet. It keeps coming up windows error. I also cant open alot of files and quite a few other things. The internet has been checked and is ok and have been advised to just do a full recovery on the full ststem. I am xp, but dont have a disc, the place were i bought it from 2 yr ago is now closed down. What can i do? do i actually need a disc or can it be done without?

[#0005ff]Best to fix it without reinstalling then. More details, please - so the Internet connection is fixed but why can you not open some files? What happens when you try? Do Desktop shortcuts not work properly or don;t the files open when you click directly on their names?[/#000ff]
!