Wanting to upgrade

CaptStress

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
Hello Everyone. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I am an avid gamer but I am not computer savvy. I had a rig built last year with all components purchased through NCIX and installed by their Tech Guys. Alot of the help and descisions were made by you all when I had posted some simple questions last year. System has been flawless to date and I am really happy with the outcome.

I am now getting into TeamFortress2 and am looking at purcashing Crysis and CallofDuty4. I am looking ahead to the future and wondering if the system I have is still good enough to handle the next generation of these games coming out.

Current Specs are;

AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800+ Dual Core S939 Manchester
ASUS A8N-SLI (mobo) ATX NFORCE4-SLI S939 DDR 2-PCI
EVGA GEFORCE 7900 GT KO 500mhz PCI-E 256MB
Kingston HyperX PC3200 2GB DDR400 Ram

Is there any point in upgrading to run the new eye-candy or to just start over again? This system had everything new as it was purpose built for gaming. Cost was $1800.00 so I'm not that eager about starting again which is what the NCIX rep suggested. Are there any tips or hints to making this system better, or is the NCIX rep correct?

What would you do the the system to tweak it? Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

CaptStress

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
Are there links to inform people "how" to Overclock gear for those of us who do not know where to start or what to do?