Gigabyte GA-M61P-S3 rev 2.0 sound device problem

shadowstalker

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hi i recently re-installed a friends pc which i built for them a few months ago sadly they got a virus and it trashed his hdd.well anyways i have re-installed it from scratch again with a nice clean boot only problem is the sounds not working.

I have installed all the drivers off the disc just like i did last time with the xpress install feature (which i think may have caused the problem), all the drivers were installed (or so it says) and everything else is working properely except the sound.

The computer hasnt picked up the sound device even though the drivers are there to pin point it to them i dont know if some thing went wrong when installing the drivers but i did notice there was no sound on win xp installation load up like usual (u know the anoying sound).

Im normaly pretty good when it comes to trouble shooting but i think my friend may have nocked his pc over as its on the floor and hasnt told me. So i think something may have come loose but when i looked inside everything was all in place.

Any ideas anyone?? thanks shadow :)

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
If you haven't done so, update the drives. Also check the software settings and make sure nothing is muted. Check the BIOS that the onboard sound is enabled.

shadowstalker

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
all done and checked, i think the sound device on the north bridge is broke but i duno how as the drivers are all upto date and the bios has been tested enabled and disabled, so i think my friend may have nocked over his pc that or shorted it out and happy new year to everyone also :)