More about : 8800 237

December 11, 2007 7:11:41 PM

Mine as well... Thanks :) 
a b U Graphics card
December 11, 2007 8:13:40 PM

Been there done that. :) 
Related resources
December 11, 2007 9:01:21 PM

Ohhhh who's going to get that old GTS of yours Paul? Oh ur too kind!

Very nice price, considering one for a friend :p 
December 11, 2007 9:33:20 PM

that is nice, pauldh
December 11, 2007 9:46:16 PM

Was that buy one, get one free ? :) 
a b U Graphics card
December 11, 2007 9:53:15 PM

:hello:  Yeah, sorry on that Nightscope. It's staying in this rig for now as the BFG's are going in a new build. I actually got mine a few weeks ago for $249, but had them match this price today bringing in my BB.com packing slips. I actually wanted to buy one more for a customer's build, but my local store didn't receive them yet (2 allocated) despite the online checker saying available in that store. But at least they matched the price on my two so it wasn't a total wasted 5 minute drive.
a b U Graphics card
December 11, 2007 10:13:46 PM

croc, benchies with a Q6600 will come sometime. SLi will be an intersting adventure but unless it gets working properly in crysis, probably be a waste of my time/money on a 22" LCD.
December 11, 2007 10:28:21 PM

pauldh said:
croc, benchies with a Q6600 will come sometime. SLi will be an intersting adventure but unless it gets working properly in crysis, probably be a waste of my time/money on a 22" LCD.

I'm just interested in a 'real-world' bench of the percentage difference of a single card vs. two in sli... Not that I don't trust Anand, Tom's, et al, but...

BTW, I'm running two old 6800 Ultra's in sli, and crysis (demo) doesn't seem to have an issue. I haven't disabled sli to see if it makes a fps difference yet, but I did inadverently do that with oblivion after I loaded some newer drivers without reading the readme. Made a hell of a difference. And the roll-back was painful, ended up having to totally uninstall the new drivers, run driver cleaner, then reinstall the older ones again... Took most of a Sat. afternoon to get back to where I started.

Oh well, it was a beta set from Nvidia, and my bad for not reading the readme....
December 13, 2007 2:45:00 PM

I got my for 197.99, rewards zone points turned out to be useful for something after all.
December 13, 2007 3:09:55 PM

How are BFG cards? What kind warranty?
a b U Graphics card
December 13, 2007 4:36:41 PM

Lifetime warranty on BFG, but not transferable like XFX, and you can't alter the card (aftermarket heatsink) like evga. I have used alot of their cards which have all been fine, never had to deal with their customer support though to comment on how the service is.
December 13, 2007 6:57:16 PM

croc said:
I'm just interested in a 'real-world' bench of the percentage difference of a single card vs. two in sli... Not that I don't trust Anand, Tom's, et al, but...

BTW, I'm running two old 6800 Ultra's in sli, and crysis (demo) doesn't seem to have an issue. I haven't disabled sli to see if it makes a fps difference yet, but I did inadverently do that with oblivion after I loaded some newer drivers without reading the readme. Made a hell of a difference. And the roll-back was painful, ended up having to totally uninstall the new drivers, run driver cleaner, then reinstall the older ones again... Took most of a Sat. afternoon to get back to where I started.

Oh well, it was a beta set from Nvidia, and my bad for not reading the readme....

http://www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/468/11/
December 13, 2007 11:19:33 PM

Yes, being a member of these forums is great, this is one of the reasons. Luckly, well maybe not so luckly but still, I purchased my BFG 8800GT OC at BB orginally for $279.99 on 11/17. Then they dropped the price to $249.99 on 11/19. So I went back and got my difference, I went home crumpled my reciepts and cut the gift card in two. When I go to check for my refund in my credit card statement I noticed the dip$hit never charged the gift card. So now I had 3 crumpled reciepts and a half cut gift card. I call them and ask if they can redo it on the GC. They said ya. I get there, no we cant do that call the main HQ. I do that. No we cant do that you have to do that at the store. So Now I wasted 1 trip and a lot of time. But now I'll have my revenge. I checked it and its now $237.99 I'm going to get my DAMN $12 difference as well as make sure the dip$hit uses the GC. Bringing my total 8800GT price to $197.99 If all goes well, they better not bitch that I'm double price matching or some crap like that. Everything's within the 30-day policy so I think I'm set.
December 14, 2007 1:59:27 AM

1770531,13,28421 said:
and you can't alter the card (aftermarket heatsink) like evga.

Can you?
I always thought you avoid your waranty when installing an aftermarket HS on the vga

Is evga the only one htat allows you to do so?

thanks
December 14, 2007 10:01:38 AM

I sooo want to order the BFG GT OC2 but the e-tailer i emailed couldn't answer if the card had the new reference fan on it...
Should i risk getting a loud card, my x1600xt i have atm aren't exactly quiet either.
Hows the noise on the old fan, really?
December 14, 2007 2:14:55 PM

When it's @ stock I think 30%, its not audiable above case/fans etc. But then again the cooling sucks. Easily hits the 80C. I got a AC accelero s2, I was sayin it was doing 70C load, but that was @ stock speeds and now that I double checked it was more like 74C was the hottest @ stock, but this is completely passive, no fans. I ordered the turbo module fans, getting them today. I'll see what that does. When I OC it to 700/1950 It hit 80C with my Accelero, now I gotta fix all my damn post saying I was getting 70C @ OC speeds. But hell after the turbo module this thing better not pass 60C load while doing 700/2000...It better not.
!