Prima Strategy Guide - Demand Issues

Last response: in Video Games
June 23, 2005 10:24:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

The guide indicates that jobs provided by all the various commercial and
industrial buildings require great numbers of lower and middle wealth Sims,
and fewer high wealth Sims. For example, CO$$$ requires 20% R$, 65% R$$
and only 15% R$$$. My cities tend to have more than 50% of the population
as high wealth. Where are all these people working if the guide is correct?

Also, when I query a building I can see that not all the jobs are filled.
I'm assuming, since I usually don't have a lot of lower wealth Sims and
demand for them is somewhat high, that those are the jobs that aren't
filled. Is that correct? If so, how can I attract lower wealth Sims? To
attract them I suppose I can try to get S$ and dirty industry to build but
that seems to defeat the purpose since S$ and dirty industry only provides
jobs to low wealth. Argghh!

--
Sherrie Chaparro
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

Sherrie wrote:

<snip>

> Also, when I query a building I can see that not all the jobs are filled.
> I'm assuming, since I usually don't have a lot of lower wealth Sims and
> demand for them is somewhat high, that those are the jobs that aren't
> filled. Is that correct? If so, how can I attract lower wealth Sims? To
> attract them I suppose I can try to get S$ and dirty industry to build but
> that seems to defeat the purpose since S$ and dirty industry only provides
> jobs to low wealth. Argghh!

I can answer this question: create a neighboring city, connect it with
roads (or even avenues, highways, or rail), and zone in low-density
residential. Don't build any schools in your 'slum city' - schools are
the biggest thing that causes low-wealth sims to be replaced or move up
to medium or high wealth. Also, if you mind having only low-density
zones, you can ignore water systems - high-wealth sims will stay away.

Any excess jobs not filled by wage slaves whiling away for their
neighboring rich masters should be filled up with low and medium wealth
commerce, and either farms or dirty industry (not both - unless its a
big city and the farms and the smokestacks are far away from each
other).
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 2:24:07 AM

"Sherrie" <s.chaparro@cox.net> wrote in message
> The guide indicates that jobs provided by all the various commercial and
> industrial buildings require great numbers of lower and middle wealth
> Sims,
> and fewer high wealth Sims. For example, CO$$$ requires 20% R$, 65% R$$
> and only 15% R$$$. My cities tend to have more than 50% of the
> population
> as high wealth. Where are all these people working if the guide is
> correct?

Rich people don't necessaryily have to work work. They can stay home and use
the net, the phone, voice mail. etc to manage their affairs.

> Also, when I query a building I can see that not all the jobs are filled.
> I'm assuming, since I usually don't have a lot of lower wealth Sims and
> demand for them is somewhat high, that those are the jobs that aren't
> filled. Is that correct? If so, how can I attract lower wealth Sims? To
> attract them I suppose I can try to get S$ and dirty industry to build but
> that seems to defeat the purpose since S$ and dirty industry only provides
> jobs to low wealth. Argghh!
>
> --
> Sherrie Chaparro

Anonymous
July 6, 2005 9:22:10 AM

"deowll" <deowll@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> "Sherrie" <s.chaparro@cox.net> wrote in message
> > The guide indicates that jobs provided by all the various commercial and
industrial buildings require great numbers of lower and middle wealth Sims,
and fewer high wealth Sims. For example, CO$$$ requires 20% R$, 65% R$$
and only 15% R$$$. My cities tend to have more than 50% of the population
as high wealth. Where are all these people working if the guide is correct?

> Rich people don't necessaryily have to work work. They can stay home and
use the net, the phone, voice mail. etc to manage their affairs.

Maybe the guide is just plain wrong??

Sherrie
!