HDMI to DVI question

Last response: in Home Theatre
May 20, 2005 9:00:20 PM

I have a Mitsubishi WS-55313 HDTV and it works great but ever since I
saw that DVI connection on the back, I have been dying to use it. But
our cable box had a software flaw so the DVI connection didn't work.
Just recently I had to change out our box and found this one, while
still the same model, had a HDMI connection. I know I can get a HDMI
to DVI cable but was just wondering what about that MonitorLink control
connection. I'm not using Mitsubishi's HD receiver, so do I need to
still worry about that?

More about : hdmi dvi question

Anonymous
May 21, 2005 1:29:30 PM

<Neruocomp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have a Mitsubishi WS-55313 HDTV and it works great but ever since I
> saw that DVI connection on the back, I have been dying to use it. But
> our cable box had a software flaw so the DVI connection didn't work.
> Just recently I had to change out our box and found this one, while
> still the same model, had a HDMI connection. I know I can get a HDMI
> to DVI cable but was just wondering what about that MonitorLink control
> connection. I'm not using Mitsubishi's HD receiver, so do I need to
> still worry about that?

No. MonitorLink is only needed if you use the Mits unit.

Leonard
!