Driver help for my monitor

suspenz

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2007
Ok well I just bought a new pc and for some reason it looks semi blury...but when i press on the auto button on the screen it adjust itself of course. Well first let me tell you the model of monitor i have Samsung SyncMaster 215TW

I thought if i installed the new driver from samsung it would resolve this problem...i installed it and nothing...I looked and it says for OS

215TW Driver (Driver) (ver.1.0)
Win 98/ME/2K/XP/X64....i do not see Vista 32bit...and yes that is what i have.

I dont know where else i can find a driver that supports my system...and if this is not the problem please let me know...the monitor was working fine with my other pc. It was XP Home 32bit

Thank you for you help

p.s. i posted this thread in LCD section and no one helped so i decided to post there sorry.

cfvh600

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
What graphics card are you using on your new PC and what is the cable connection type between the graphics card and the monitor?

KekaiGenkai

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2007
Every monitor has a native resolution at which it will look crisper than other resolutions. The native on my 21" widescreen is 1650X1080. If I change it to anything else text doesn't have crisp edges, icons are blurry, etc. Check the specs for your monitor and make sure that your system is set to your monitor's native resolution (the auto adjust button does not work for beans on my viewsonic in xp).

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
Blurry text and graphics is most likely due to your resolution / graphics card drivers than anything else as KekaiGenkai said. Update your graphics drivers and then set your resolution to 1650x1080. (That's the native res. I found for you monitor after a quick google search.)

bc4

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
Hey, don't want to still the tread but this has been bugging me.
I see a lot of posts saying that if you don't run at native resolutions, it looks like poo.

I have three different LCD monitors running at less than non - native resolutions and they look good. I just bought a new Wide Screen monitor and it looks horrible at non native resolutions (the other three being standard format). Is this just me? Does anyone know why this is? (if it isn't just me)

Thanks

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
It's because of the wide screen. You end up stretching the picture to fit your monitor. It's just like if you took a photo an 800x600 photo and tried to stretch it to be your background on a 1440xYYY resolution. On the other screens, stretching doesn't look as bad if you go from 800x600 to 1024x768, because you're still keeping the same ratio.

*edit*

Also, the larger your monitor is, the easier it is to notice imperfections when running it on a lower than native res.

suspenz

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2007

Nvidia EVGA 8600GT at stock speeds..DVI and im not sure on the driver version ill check that tonight when i get home. at work right now, but i do know i just updated the driver for my video card and still the same problem.

for the rest of the reply ill check on everything else when i get home.