4-pin vga power connector, help please!!!

_AlcaPwn_

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
Hay,

Excuse me if my english is a bit bad, but i'm from holland,

anyway, i'm going to build a system for a friend of mine, and for the motherboard i chose the new MSI K9A2 platinum.

http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=1332&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=171&cat3_no=

And in the discription msi gives on the site they mention a 4-pin VGA Power connector. And if you enlarge the picture you can see this connector next to the big round chipset cooler.

and my question is: it looks just like an ordinary 4-pin molex power connector (the ones you use for your drives etc.) but i once saw a power supply wich had a special 4-pin vga connector shaped like an ordinary 4-pin molex connector.

Do you need a power supply with such a special connector or wil a standard 4-pin molex connector do the job?

I ask this because the power supply's who have such a "special" connector are pretty expensive.

thanks in advance!

lavahead

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
AlcaPwn,

There is nothing special about the connector, it is the normal 4 pin molex.

The manual does say on page 2-8(english) that it recommends a 450W power supply. If you do not have a newer 24 pin power cables, you can use the 20 pin main power connector. Whether you use the 20 or the 24, you must use the ATX12v (the square connector for powering the CPU).

Hope that helps.