How do i get exir black screen says disk boot failure insert disc and press ente

Hello,
I HAVE BLACK SCREEN WHICH SAYS (DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER) I DONT HAVE A DISK AND WANT TO EXIT THAT SCREEN BUT NOTHING I TRY WORKS ANY IDEAS
2 answers Last reply
More about exir black screen disk boot failure insert disc press ente
  1. That message means that there is some kind of problem with your HDD that the system boots from - so you need your Windows installation disk in order to correct the problem - even if you get passed that screen your system is not going to work until you repair the problem with the boot disk - so you are going to need the install disk anyway and might need to replace the HDD if there is a non recoverable error.
  2. JDFan said:
    That message means that there is some kind of problem with your HDD that the system boots from - so you need your Windows installation disk in order to correct the problem - even if you get passed that screen your system is not going to work until you repair the problem with the boot disk - so you are going to need the install disk anyway and might need to replace the HDD if there is a non recoverable error.

I get this sometimes too. I just got this computer and it came with two disks. If I try one and it works will I lose everything?
Ask a new question

Read More

Boot Failure Windows Vista