How in HELL are you supossed to mount 3/5 bays on a NZXT Lexa?

redhawtcar

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2007
I just mounted everything, but then the problem came. I cannot guess how the hell you can get the 3,5 bays inside. If I try from inside, the rails get stuck. If I try from outside, the rails make imposible to fit the diskette drive in the bay hole. I searched but cant find anything.

I have my motherboard with an ASUS Silent Knight on my BED waiting to find a solution for this ASAP.

Help please.

cnumartyr

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007

Odd question.. what do you need the floppy drive for?

I needed it for SATA drivers, I hooked it up, use it for 5 minutes, unhooked it. If I need it again I plug it back in. It's not a personal daily occurance for me to leave it hooked up. If this is the case for you, that would be the best solution.

If not, I've never owned an NZXT, so best of luck.

redhawtcar

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2007

Appart from that I need the 3'5 bay for the cpu fan rpm control. Problem is this case uses rails instead of screws, and I can't figure out how the 3'5 bays have to be inserted.

redhawtcar

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2007
I made a little pain drawing to explain more clearly what im talking about:

lexa35ez0.jpg

redhawtcar

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2007
Ye lol I tried. It doesn't work since theres a space between the case where you would insert the screw and the hole in the diskette driver (this is space is because there is where the rail goes) so the screw can't be screwed, it doesn't make contact with the drive at all.

This is just weird.

cnumartyr

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007

Time for a Saber Saw!

well it should be the shortest rails you have....

railhl6.gif

Very odd for it not to fit

EDIT!!!!!

my bad looks like you have to take the front plastic off the case....slide the drive, then replace the front...

3.5%u201D External Floppy Installation
1. Begin the installation process by removing the front panel and side panel.
2. Push the plastic cover out using a tool ( ie. The handle of an screw driver ) to avoid accident.
3. Turn the aluminum plating in a back and forward rotation until it is loose and remove it.
4. Attach the rails onto the Floppy drive and slide it in from the front of the case. In the case that the rail does not match your device, manually secure the rail onto the devices with the extra screws provided. If you find that the front panel is touching your device, adjust the location of the steel pins on the rail to mount the device deeper inside the case.

EDIT EDIT

Pictures say it best...

nzas4.gif