When I start computer (not restart) Core clock resets?

Shocking

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2008
I have my Q9450 OC'd to 3.0 (375 fsb, 8 mult)

If I restart my computer nothing happens, but when I leave my computer off, say ... overnight and I start it up:

It goes to BIOS, then like I modified some BIOS setting, restarts *then* loads windows. I then restart and go into BIOS and see that my option to enable me to change the core clock has been disabled.

Why is this happening? Is my little mobo battery bad or something?

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
BIOS: F2

I should mention that once I change my FSB back up to 375 (instead of 333) my computer is fine, I can leave it on for hours no problems, play Call of Duty 4 with no problems etc...
So I don't think it's a stability issue?

I should also mention its my first OC.

Shocking

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2008
Let me add first that I have the voltages set to AUTO in my BIOS.

cpuvolt.jpg

spdvolt.jpg

My ram is currently set at 900mhz

Not sure how to get northbridge voltages?

Evilonigiri

Splendid
Jun 8, 2007
NB voltages can be easily found in the bios, so you'll have to look there.

If you're desperate, one way to ensure that a part of your system isn't stable is to drop your cpu multiplier to x6, and perhaps drop the vcore to a setting where you know it's stable. Then run Prime95 blend test for 24hours. Should it fail, your ram or motherboard is the culprit.

I suggest 24hours because according to my experience, my pc was stable for 12hours, yet it kept crashing occasionally. Upon running blend test, it went bad at 12hours and 1sec.

Shocking

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2008
mine never crashes, just disables the core clock (instead of the enable option) in bios when its off for a certain period of time.

Shocking

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2008
There was a function called EIST or something in the BIOS that was enabled that had something to do with controlling the core clock. I disabled it. Was that my problem?