Great deal on Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800

I got a newegg email on this, not sure if the link will take you guys to it without a newegg account.

Anyway, it 2x1Gb sticks of 4-4-4-12 Crucial for $40 after a MIR. Not a bad deal at all for Crucial.....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148076&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL010108&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL010108-_-Memory-_-E2L-_-20148076
19 answers Last reply
More about great deal crucial ballistix ddr2
  1. It is about time Crucial joined the party!
  2. Yeah man, $40 for some damn Crucial isn't bad, actually it's very nice.
  3. That's nice, I got mine for $65 after rebate a few months ago, good stuff, easily hits DDR2-1000 stock voltage!
  4. weskurtz81 said:
    Yeah man, $40 for some damn Crucial isn't bad, actually it's very nice.

I don't really understand your viewpoint: My Crucial Ballistix PC2-6400 is some of the best memory I've tested, and I even got two kits 9 months apart. Both go over 1200 MHz data rate at CAS 5 and 800 at CAS 3.

What kind of crap would you promote?
  5. ummm.... I think you took that the wrong way man. Why in the world do you think I wasted my time starting this thread..... it's friggin Crucial.... for $40!!!!

WTF do you think I am promoting? Crucial man!!! For 40 **** dollars. You don't normally see a low latency pair of Crucial memory for anything near that price, and it will run on just about any config..... it's great memory.
  6. When you said "damn Crucial" then said "actually it's very nice" I understood it as a statement like "the memory isn't that great but the low price makes it worth getting"

:)
  7. This damn thread rocks
  8. SOOO wish i lived in the states sometimes...

cheapest i can get the stuff for here (AUS) is $215 au OR $189US
  9. this ram is compatible with gigabyte ga p35 ds3l mother board right?
  10. http://www.crucial.com/

Use the advisor or scanner tool here on the main page. But you should be fine.
  11. bob_digi420 said:
    this ram is compatible with gigabyte ga p35 ds3l mother board right?

It's compatible with all motherboards that support DDR2-667 or DDR2-800.
  12. is it worth it to get 2 sets of balistic 2 x 1 gig sticks for a total of 4 gigs or is it more worth it to just buy a 2x2 gig set of some ocz titanium or reaper
  13. if it's close to the same price I would go for the 4gb sets. This deal might not be for everyone, but for anyone on a budget it's outstanding. To be able to get your mits on some Crucial that is pretty low latency for DDR2 for $40 isn't bad at all.

If it's your personal system, and money isn't as much of an issue, I would go with the 2Gb sticks because it will leave room to add more in the future if you are running a 64bit OS.
  14. well the 2x2 gig sets are about 95, the cruial would be 80 for 4x1 gig, i dont plan on upgrading, i just get new systems
  15. Well, if it's an Intel system then I would go with whichever you want. If it was an older AMD system, I would go with 2 sticks. I don't think Intel systems new or old have any issues with 4 stick installed. A couple of my old X2 systems didn't like tight timing with all for slots occupied.

Honestly though, unless there is a performance advantage of having 2 sticks over 4, then I would just go with 4.
  16. Some boards have stability issues with 4-sticks, occasionally it even prevents them from booting. I'm speaking of certain Intel chipset motherboards.
  17. Oh.... really. So, it's not just AMD then. I would go with two in that case. I knew some of my older boards didn't like to install windows with 4 sticks, or they wouldn't run with tight timings, and some wouldn't run very well at all regardless of settings. But I haven't had a lot of experience with Intel systems so I wasn't sure.

Since I will now be building my second Intel system.... that is good information to know.

Thanks Crash.
  18. well im going to be using a p35 chipset on a gigabyte p35 ds3l, do you think there will be any problems with that?
  19. monste4321 said:
    well im going to be using a p35 chipset on a gigabyte p35 ds3l, do you think there will be any problems with that?

I don't own that board. I do know that several Gigabyte P35 boards are rumored to have a problem with four modules, but I don't know which boards or which modules are affected.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory DDR2 Crucial Email Product