Windows Installer Deleted

cascas0802

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
My computer started a crash dump and then when I restart my computer I can't access anything that uses internet; Internet Explorer, Skype, online games.
If I double click on Internet Explorer it won't pull up, and when I say won't pull up it wont even pull up a white screen, it's like I didn't click it at all.
If I click Skype, it will come up with a message that says, "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personal for assistance. So I went to search for Windows Installer on my computer, but nothing. So I'm guessing that's what the problem is.
I'm on a different computer, so don't send me links that says, "Oh, you just have to download this." Well, I can't access the Internet at all so I cant search for Windows installer.
Please help.
Thanks.

You can download the files at another computer as well. Don't know if it will work, the issue may be harder to fix than just re-installing the installer.

The Windows Installer can be gotten here http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=8483

For Vista you need the x86 Platform: Windows6.0-KB942288-v2-x86.msu file. Donwload it on the PC you are at, copy to a CD/flash drive/ext. hard drive, etc... , run it on the PC with the issue.

You can also try to go to a system restore point before this issue happened.