Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • Cases
  • Motherboards
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
May 4, 2008 11:48:18 PM

Hey,

I have a DFI Lanparty DK and a Q6600 HSF, I mounted the motherboard in my p182 case but notice 1 of the 9 screws would not reach the case bottom screw. Is this okay? it's the screw located near the pci-e card on the edge center. All the other 8 screws are securely in place.

Also I mounted HSF after when the mobo was already mounted. I tried to do the cross star pattern by first pushing one of the HSF pins in and hearing it snap in place. Then when I tried to do the opposite one it was hard to push in.. So i pressed pretty hard and notice the motherboard bending, and hearing some bending noises u know the crackles.. Now i'm a little paranoid that I might have damaged the Mobo.. So my question is.. is the MOBO pretty sturdy and can take some flexing?

In the end when i pushed 2 opposite pins in at the same time it locked in placed nicely w/o using much force.

Thanks in advance!

More about : q6600 cpu heat sink

May 5, 2008 12:02:05 AM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU-Components to section Overclocking by Jake_Barnes
May 5, 2008 12:06:03 AM

Ah, another thread moved.

A mobo can normally take a lot of force, so as long as it boots up normally and all, I wouldn't worry. And 1 screw won't make too much of a difference either.

In the future, it's recommended to put on the heatsink first before putting the mobo it. Those pushpins are quite stubborn.