Suggestion for books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifesamd

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
Hey, am pursuing my graduation in Information technology.. so, computer languages are gonna be my career base.. Now, I'm starting to learn C language. Will follow it by C++, then Java and eventually C#.. So, can you guys suggest me some books that would be good for learning C and java? Am currently studying from Dennis Ritchie's C programming language and Head first Java.
Please suggest me a good reference so that I dont develop bad habits while writing programs..
And The C programming language book is way older than all those new thick C programming books in the market now.. are there topics which are not covered in the C programming language? What's a good alternative book for C?
And, head first java is written for an older version of Java. If I download the latest version and run the source codes from Head first Java, will that be a problem?

altafurrehman

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
C++ How To program By Deitel, Java How To program, c++ programming from problem solving to program design By DS Malik, Java The Complete Reference, C# The Complete Reference 4.0
Are Good and popular books for beginners, If You Want PDF Copy than You can download From
http://freecs-books.blogspot.com/
You Can Find Other Books of your interest too :)

bbender

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
Personally, I find myself able to better understand concepts from the Head First series, but as far as reference books go, I utilize the Gaddis books for C++, at the very least. I have an older book for C that my father had when he was in college (yep, that old), and I've looked through it. Honestly, the C language hasn't changed any that I can tell. Everything you find in those books are going to be relevant to today's concepts with the language.

Best of luck in your endeavors!

Status
Not open for further replies.