subzero4101

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
Alright now i know ive been posting a few thread about pcs from best buy and circuit city.and alot of you guys were telling me they are not good pcs if you want to game.and some of you told me to let my parents read you replys about how they arent good pcs.well finally i convinced them to let me order off newegg or tigerdirect. thanks to a few of your replys that they read. im glad that they are letting me do this now.so thanks to yous that said let your parents read this. so know heres my question. can you guys post some links from newegg or tiger dont matter that is a average gaming computer. that could play most games now.im in the 500 budget area and also if you can get me a pc with a monitor still in the 500 budget. if you could do this i would really aprrecitae it. and thnaks to you other guys that posted on my other threads saying those pcs arent worth nothing. and looking out for me so i could get a great pc. so thanks to yous that did that i aprrecitate it. and another thanks to you that wrote those replys saying just let your parents read this beacuse they did and now their letting me buy off newegg or tigerdirect.

someguy7

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
Thats tuff for 500 bucks. Moniter plus a OS with a video card good enuff to be a average gaming pc is hard to get done with 500 bucks. Are you getting a pre built system from those sites or just the parts?

subzero4101

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
pre built if not with monitor then it has to be in 450 through 470 area because i can get a monitor for 50 bucks from circuit city.

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
lol criket city

stay away from criket city - what kind of store bands christams?

how bout the criker city "count down until holiday morning"

what day is holiday moring? wow its the 25th

what is this crap! holiday moring = code for christmas!

beside get a good computer not massed produced chineese knock off or velocity micro junker - o look at this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140180708961&ssPageName=STRK:MEUS:IT&ih=004

you can fix a micro velocity (cool the mobo and oc the chip) but you can not fix the chinese built cricket city systems. if you start moding or upgrading you only be left with the cpu on the table - then you got to add an sntire system minus the cpu!

(note to THG that is a closed auction - so it should not viloate any THG rules)

justinmcg67

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
This is going to be VERY difficult if you need a monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers and what not. If you give me a few moment I can help compose a few possibilities.

This is my #1 choice...

Acer Power AP1000-UD400P

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883103067

I personally think it looks really sweet, and it's dual core, has 1GB of DDR2, 160GB hard drive, a GeForce 6150, which isn't great and all, but for $500 budget you shouldn't expect uber graphics anyways. This I think would be a good platform to build upon as it contains an OS with the package, which helps elimate costs, it's pre-built, and had potential to be upgraded. A solid choice.

Acer Aspire AM1610-UD2180A

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883103114

It's got twice as much RAM (2GB) as the other option, has a faster CPU, and twice as much hard drive space (320GB); so it's a very formidable option. But the integrated graphics is really not for gaming. The only reason i choose the other PC over this one is due to the AP1000-UD400P looking better and a possible downgrade, but what i consider an upgrade, to Windows XP. Other than that the AM1610 has twice as much "umff" to it.

These are the best two options I could find, and I think they'll suit your needs just fine, with the exception in graphics. However, a simple search on CraigsList.org and you'll probably be able to pick up an older video card for dirt cheap, such as an X800 series or even a 7 series card.

Hope this helps.