Sign in with
Your question

No Russian or Cyrillic language selection in Windows XP

Last response: in Windows XP
May 9, 2010 8:01:47 PM

Hello,
Windows XP "Add Input Language" no longer has a "Russian" or "Cyrillic" language selection. I tried "Add Windows Components" and other things to no avail. My XP version is "Oct 2002". I have an older version that has the Russian and many other selections. It looks like many languages were deleted in various productions of XP. I can't find any related downloads on the Windows Update or downloads site. Any clues how I can add Russian or Cyrillic language support to the "Add Input Language" dropdown box for WinXP? Thanks.
May 10, 2010 6:42:57 AM

hollidayp1 said:
Hello,
Windows XP "Add Input Language" no longer has a "Russian" or "Cyrillic" language selection. I tried "Add Windows Components" and other things to no avail. My XP version is "Oct 2002". I have an older version that has the Russian and many other selections. It looks like many languages were deleted in various productions of XP. I can't find any related downloads on the Windows Update or downloads site. Any clues how I can add Russian or Cyrillic language support to the "Add Input Language" dropdown box for WinXP? Thanks.

[#0005ff]Have a look in Control Panel>Regional and Language>Advanced tab and see if ticking the relevant Unicode boxes for the Cyrillic alphabet, clicking Apply and OK then restarting the computer makes the facility appear.[/#000ff]
m
l
May 18, 2010 5:11:16 AM

Thanks Saga Lout. I tried checking all the cyrillic boxes and restarting and there still is no selection for Russian.
m
l
!