Sign in with
Your question

Help needed with system recovery

Last response: in Windows Vista
August 21, 2011 6:08:23 AM

When i try to do a system recovery with my backup cds there comes a point where the hard drive partitions, and the progress freeze either at 17 or 18 % complete, how do I complete the recovery if it continually freezes there? Oh and my computer screen remains black until I put a back up cd in, so I can't use my computer, can you please help?

More about : needed system recovery

August 25, 2011 2:28:11 AM

Did you perform a system recovery because you had an issue? Does the formatting complete or is it the step that hangs at 18%?
m
l
August 25, 2011 3:48:48 AM

Formatting of the HDD can take up to an hour or so depending on the size of the drive so are you allowing enough time for it to complete or are you thinking it has hung and restarting the system ? And you do realize that doing what you are doing is going to wipe everything off of the HDD and restore it to the state it was in when you first bought the system.
m
l
Related resources
August 25, 2011 11:52:51 AM

Better do a system restore first and then try the recovery process again...then you might be able to do that...try system restore and then share your feedback....
m
l
August 25, 2011 12:04:08 PM

JDFan said:
Formatting of the HDD can take up to an hour or so depending on the size of the drive so are you allowing enough time for it to complete or are you thinking it has hung and restarting the system ? And you do realize that doing what you are doing is going to wipe everything off of the HDD and restore it to the state it was in when you first bought the system.
Depending of the Vista version, the backup CDs probably contain a full image of the hard disk. That's how I backup Vista Ultimate PCs to DVDs.
m
l
!