Ironnads

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2007
Some say toothpaste is also good for burns.. Also not true at all (actually can make things complicated as it hardens and sticks to the skin.. . - get some ice or cold water on burns asap and seek medical help..
Ryan adds

sailer

Splendid

When I was at a Thanksgiving dinner, my youngest niece burned her fingers on a hot pan. Two doctors that were there both said to put toothpaste on the burns. They were second degree burns, not third degree, which would have been a lot more serious. Anyway, the toothpaste seemed to work well enough.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
One of the better thermal pastes I've used is "general purpose" lithium grease. It conducts heat well, it has a high enough melting point to survive to the CPU's limit, it's relatively thin, and it can last several years before hardening completely.

thepinkpanther

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2004
to get the best thermal grease is a trade secret...but ill tell u anyways. You know that geek at your school, the one with those puss pimples? yea thats him! now squeeze his pimple and put the extract on ur cpu. to get the best grease you must bottle it at the source!!! oh yea u can flush his head in the toilet after!

harmattan

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
Yes,toothpaste as a thermal paste is a joke.

However, little known fact: toothpaste can work wonders at repairing scratched CDs - I've done it myself. Take a little toothpaste, spread it over the scratches on the disk, and clean genlty with an soft cloth. A chemist friend told me it was probably because the hydrated silica crystalizes in the scratch and then refracts light from the CD laser... or something science-y like that.

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007

Ohhh that shi t would burn your privates...

I always thought that crunchy peanut butter was the best thermalpaste. HAS to be CRUNCHY though smooth doesnt cut it

uk_gangsta

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2006

HOW do you know....have you tried it? lol..........

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007

I assume your asking about the burning on my nuts but ill answer both

Not on the genitals, but i have got some toothpaste in the eye once (an apparent practical joke) and that stung like all hell. I cant imagine it would be better for you shaft or nuts

AND the crunchie peanut butter ive tried... the smell is sensational.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006

As long as you use the cool mint kind your ok. A little known fact is that the cinnamon flavor will actually increase your CPU's temperature.

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005

When I read this post for the first time I did a doubletake... that 3rd character is a "5" not an "S" Makes a lot more sense now. LOL

caamsa

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006

Here you go a link for you.

26 Other Things You Can Do With Toothpaste

http://odyb.net/discoveries/26-other-things-you-can-do-with-toothpaste/

Forgive me I am a Colgate fanboy........

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007

HAHA 26 things and not one is use for thermal paste.

ctbaars

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2007