formatting

this may sound stupid to alot out there, but here goes!! I have been trying
to format a cd-rw and with no success. I have InCD and press the right
buttons etc, but when it comes to the format part it wont accept that theres
a disck in the drive. I thought the drive might not be working, so I put a
music cd in, and it worked!!! Sometimes it will accept a cd-rw is in the
drive and says it has formatted it, but when i come to download music on it
through windows media player, it keeps telling me to insert a dics!!! What
am I doing wrong????? or am I just thick???!!!!
1 answer Last reply
More about formatting

    Just because a CD burner will read discs doesn't mean it will write. It is
    possible that the laser has failed. Have you tried burning in IS0/ Joliet by
    using Nero?

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "mimi" <mimi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > this may sound stupid to alot out there, but here goes!! I have been
    trying
    > to format a cd-rw and with no success. I have InCD and press the right
    > buttons etc, but when it comes to the format part it wont accept that
    theres
    > a disck in the drive. I thought the drive might not be working, so I put
    > music cd in, and it worked!!! Sometimes it will accept a cd-rw is in the
    > drive and says it has formatted it, but when i come to download music on
    it
    > through windows media player, it keeps telling me to insert a dics!!!
    What
    > am I doing wrong????? or am I just thick???!!!!

CD-Rom Windows XP