formatting

July 20, 2005 12:05:05 PM

this may sound stupid to alot out there, but here goes!! I have been trying
to format a cd-rw and with no success. I have InCD and press the right
buttons etc, but when it comes to the format part it wont accept that theres
a disck in the drive. I thought the drive might not be working, so I put a
music cd in, and it worked!!! Sometimes it will accept a cd-rw is in the
drive and says it has formatted it, but when i come to download music on it
through windows media player, it keeps telling me to insert a dics!!! What
am I doing wrong????? or am I just thick???!!!!

More about : formatting

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 6:05:53 PM

Just because a CD burner will read discs doesn't mean it will write. It is
possible that the laser has failed. Have you tried burning in IS0/ Joliet by
using Nero?

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp