Your question

Cathodes or fans on 3.3v+ or 5v+?

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • LCD
  • Components
Last response: in Components
December 16, 2007 9:52:35 PM

I want to put a cathode behind my new LCD to accent it, but it's too bright on 12v+, and I know you can put fans on 12v+ and 5v+, but what about 3.3v+ and with cathodes??

More about : cathodes fans

a b ) Power supply
December 16, 2007 10:25:48 PM

No dice on 3.3v, its too low.
a c 84 ) Power supply
December 16, 2007 11:25:51 PM

some fans will do 3.3(My Zalman cnps 7000alcu start on 2.6volts.

The cathodes will try to draw as much current as it can(this is what happens when a ballast gets lower voltage. its bad for it) get and most likely just kill the ballast(little box the power goes into first). If it does manage to light it will not be any dimmer....

This is the same as a fluorescence light. they normally do not dim either...

You may be able to use some kind of diffuser to dim(by blocking) the light....Try some kind if white semi translucent plastic(like a plastic lid from a container) and see if that dampens the light enough to make it more acceptable...
Related resources
December 16, 2007 11:38:27 PM

Cool ok thanks I will just use 12v+ for now.
December 16, 2007 11:55:37 PM

scars... after looking at your xfire blog i really think less of you.
December 16, 2007 11:56:55 PM

scars... after looking at your xfire blog i really think less of you.
December 17, 2007 12:08:04 AM

Um, ok? I don't even use xfire anymore. It's childish and they don't support anything useful.
a c 84 ) Power supply
December 17, 2007 3:02:20 AM

the complaint is not about Xfire, its about your Xfire blogs and the racism written there.
December 17, 2007 4:45:52 PM

This is neither the time or the place...but to anyone who is wondering, I consider hoodlums, gang bangers, degenerates, criminals, and sub-humans the n word, and people seem to think it's just to degrade blacks.

I am not racist, and if you look at the blog, it in fact is a question as to why the word is considered racist, when in fact, hip-hop people say the word in a different way to each other, but like I said, this is neither the time nor the place...reply to the blog if you want...don't bring it here.

When your a minority (I am since I'm white) then I suppose you will get it.

I live in San Jose, California, and it seems like the city is filled with criminals and drug addicts.
!