Sign in with
Your question

Windows Splash Logon screen disappear

Last response: in Windows XP
May 11, 2010 4:04:12 AM

Well, for some reason when windows start the usual blue splash log on screens that says welcome to windows has disappear. The only thing now that appears is a black screen and a small rectangle that has the user and password sections. This suddenly happened this weekend. Not sure why, because I haven't done any type of upgrades to windows recently nor I have touch anything inside of it. But around Friday, my antivirus found 3 virus and deleted them. Could one of the windows file got corrupted and the antivirus deleted them? Any way to fix this?
Thank you :D 
May 11, 2010 7:06:50 AM

strategos said:
Well, for some reason when windows start the usual blue splash log on screens that says welcome to windows has disappear. The only thing now that appears is a black screen and a small rectangle that has the user and password sections. This suddenly happened this weekend. Not sure why, because I haven't done any type of upgrades to windows recently nor I have touch anything inside of it. But around Friday, my antivirus found 3 virus and deleted them. Could one of the windows file got corrupted and the antivirus deleted them? Any way to fix this?

[#0005ff]Referring to your other thread, is this by any chance on the machine with the broken DVI port?[/#000ff]
m
l
May 11, 2010 4:22:04 PM

I must apologize for the confusion. Should had written it early. The problem with the logon windows splash is my personal laptop. The one with the problem of the system 32 file is a computer from a engineering lab from a university I am at.
I appreciate any help or information.
m
l
Related resources
May 11, 2010 6:51:43 PM

strategos said:
I must apologize for the confusion. Should had written it early. The problem with the logon windows splash is my personal laptop. The one with the problem of the system 32 file is a computer from a engineering lab from a university I am at.
I appreciate any help or information.

Sounds like a job for one of the system or network administration staff.

m
l
May 12, 2010 1:13:46 AM

Ummm the laptop is mine not from the university. ^_^ That's why I am looking how to fix it :D 
The problem of the laptop is with the windows log on splash screen which doesn't appear. Any help would be appreciated
m
l
May 17, 2010 8:20:05 PM

So, is there any way to fix this? I have been reading that if you delete a file from the registry it might help.
When the windows start up, instead of the blue splash screen appearing, the only thing that appear is a black screen, then a small rectangle for the user name and password.
Any help would be most appreciated.
m
l
!