Sign in with
Your question

I cant change my screensaver on my pc

Last response: in Windows Vista
August 22, 2011 3:41:54 AM

Hello. I can't seem to change the picture background on my pc. I go into the control panel and into the display tab. I select which scene I want to upload. But when I log off of the computer, this blank blue screen still comes on the screen at my desktop! I had my computer serviced earlier this year due to a spyware inside of it, and every since then, I have been unsuccessful at uploading a new scene on my desktop. Can you please help me? Thank you.

More about : change screensaver

August 22, 2011 2:37:40 PM

RIght click on your Desktop -- select Personalize - select Desktop Background or Screensaver - and select the one you want to use and other settings - press APPLY - then OK and it should update the settings.
m
l
August 23, 2011 3:21:21 PM

JDFan said:
RIght click on your Desktop -- select Personalize - select Desktop Background or Screensaver - and select the one you want to use and other settings - press APPLY - then OK and it should update the settings.

Good morning JDFan.
I tried right clicking on my desktop, however I didn't see the personalize desktop or other commands you said. Do I go into the control panel? Thanks.
m
l
Related resources
August 23, 2011 3:39:25 PM

ranbert said:
Good morning JDFan.
I tried right clicking on my desktop, however I didn't see the personalize desktop or other commands you said. Do I go into the control panel? Thanks.

On the right click menu (shown bottom right of screen above ) select Personalize (last option in the list) and it should bring up the second window where you can select to change the screensaver or background.
m
l
August 26, 2011 4:58:13 PM

When you said your computer was serviced, what did they do? Did they re-install Windows or just clean out the infection? You could have corrupt files or registry keys that are causing this unless Windows was re-installed. Try creating or using a different user account and try the back-ground change then.
m
l
August 29, 2011 9:04:30 AM

If you are using windows 7 then "JDfan" says right, RIght click on your Desktop -- select Personalize - select Desktop Background or Screensaver - and select the one you want to use and other settings - press APPLY - then OK and it should update the settings.
m
l
!