can win98 run two hard drives?

G

i have two hard drives, one is primary master"WD 6GB", the other slave"Maxtor 40GB". After the system boots, i only see one drive "c", but no drive els! please help me! WD master drive has win98 and win2k, Maxtor drive has win2k. sure both were formated befor the Operating Systems installed on them.

G

I concur, if any of your drives and/or partitions are in fact Win2K based, they are more than likely on a NTFS system. This will mean you have no way to view them from a FAT based operating environment. Sorry. On the other hand, if your Maxtor drive that contains Win2K is a FAT32 partition, then it could be that the partition is HIDDEN. You could use Partition Magic to let you see that.

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
If none of the win NT partition suggestions apply try going into your bios and making sure you have "auto" detect set for that ide channel. Also make sure you have the jumpers set correctly on the drives for slave and master roles

Lagger

<b><font color=blue>I'm a NASTY Intel\AMD\Nvidia\ATI user and I'm just gonna TAKE that d@mn cookie</b> </font color=blue>